Frequently Asked Questions
After 50 years in business, we've done our best to create a service that anticipates and meets our customers' growing and changing needs. We've compiled a list of frequent questions we are asked. If you do not find an answer to your question here, contact us at 020 8882 6719 or drop us an email.
Setting up your account
- How long does it take to setup my application?
- All applications submitted online before 4pm are set-up on the same day. Once you have applied and pay online, we will send you a 'Confirmation Letter' by Email within a few hours. Please be sure to check your 'Spam' or 'Trash' file.
- How many names can I have on one account?
- We allow four (4) names under one account. One name must be your own name, the other three names can be a combination of either business or personal names.
- Do I have to subscribe for a year?
- We also provide the service for a 6 month and 3 month duration. Please indicate your preference on your application form.
- I am a private individual, do I have to pay the VAT?
- We have to charge VAT to both our private and business customers.
- I am based in the USA and do not normally pay VAT on imported goods, so do I have to add VAT to the service?
- Our services are based and provided from within the UK, and therefore VAT is payable on the service we provide.
- Are the details I provide to you confidential?
- All information provided to us is held and used in the strictest of confidence. Your privacy is guaranteed with our service and your details are not provided to any third party whatsoever. We are, however, obliged to provide this information to official bodies, such as Courts, Customs & Excise and the Police should we be asked or required to by law.
- What payment methods do you accept?
- We accept all Credit, Debit and Amex cards online. If you are a business and need to pay by cheque or BACS / Bank Transfer, please contact us.
Mail forwarding and collection
- Do you accept packages and parcels?
- Packages and Parcels can be accepted at low volume at all of our addresses, except at our SW19 address. We recommend usage of our N13 (Green Lanes) address for any frequent or high volume parcels or package deliveries. If you have chosen to collect your mail, then we will e-mail you when any packages or parcels arrive. These must normally be collected promptly from our premises.
- Do you sign for Registered / Special Delivery and Courier items?
- Any item requiring a signature will be accepted and signed for. If you are a 'forwarding' customer, then this will be dispatched to you by Registered Mail. if you are a 'collection' customer, then we will send you an e-mail alert letting you know a Registered item is waiting for you to collect.
- What are your opening hours to collect mail?
- We are open between 9.30 and 5.00 for Mail collection at all of our locations. We do not currently offer a collection facility outside of these hours or at weekends. Special arrangements for clients using our N13 (Green Lanes) address can be made to collect mail on Saturdays by prior arrangement for a collection fee.
- Can you filter my junk mail?
- In order to keep your postage costs low, we will automatically filter out 'obvious' junk mail. Please note you will not attract junk mail because you are using a Virtual Address. Find out more about this.
- Do you keep records of what mail I receive?
- A lot of time and investment has been spent in developing our unique in-house software that barcodes and logs EVERY single item of mail that enters and leaves our premises, as well as recording external tracking numbers from items we have signed for on your behalf, right through to how many items of mail we have sent to you and on what day.
- How often do you send mail to me?
- We can send mail to you as often as you require. Our application form will ask you for this information. Our frequencies are daily, weekly or monthly.
- Do you batch my mail or do you send it as individual items?
- Mail is always bundled and re-enclosed into an outer envelope. We insist on this for added security. For example if you have requested daily forwarding and you have received 3 items today, then those three items will be sent to you as a single consignment.
- How much does Mail Forwarding Cost?
- If you choose to have mail forwarded, then you will need to pay for the postage and enveloping. The cost of the Royal Mail postage depends on where you live, how big and how heavy your dispatches are. We will ask you for a £30 deposit / postage account and the postage costs are deducted from this. We will ask you to top this up when it runs low.
- Can you send mail overseas?
- We have clients all over the world, and can send mail to you wherever you are.
- How often can I change my forwarding address?
- Your forwarding address can be changed as often as required. For security and accuracy, we can only accept changes of address in writing to our Mail Department (by fax, post or e-mail).
- How long have you been providing this service?
- We were established way back in 1962 and we are still at the same premises today. 2012 will be our 50th anniversary in business.
- Why should I use the Prime Secretarial Service?
- Having been in this business for over 50 years, our services have developed and we have expanded, yet our focus remains on providing an excellent and efficient service and together with our team of loyal employees, the company is still a family business, owner-managed and run, ensuring that our clients, wherever they are in the world, receive the professional and friendly service from PRIME Secretarial that we have become renowned for.
You couldn't find your answer here? Contact us now!
What People Are Saying
I buy and sell on eBay part-time and was always missing deliveries as I was working. I use one of PrimeSec's addresses for my eBay business and never have to worry about missing deliveries!
Natalia - Costume Jewellery Supplies